There are three ways you can add links to monitor:
1. manually (individually)
2. multiple importing them from a file
3. using the Bookmarklet feature
In this step-by-step tutorial I am going to explain you each of these methods you can use to add new links to Monitor Backlinks.
I. Add links manually / individually
Then, fill in the fields:
1 (required): Link from – Put the source URL (Site A – where the links comes from).
2 (required): Link to – Put the target url (Site B – where the link goes to).
3: Expires – Choose when your backlink is going to expire
Ex.: 6 months
4: Tags – You can group links by adding tags. Put the name of the tag and then press enter.
Ex.: Book Depository Network
5. Notes – You can write notes about your backlink. Simply fill the field with everything which you think is relevant for your backlink.
Ex: Manually email them if their link status has changed.
After you completed the fields click “Submit” and your link will be added to dasboard and will be automatically monitored by our tool.
II. Add links by multiple importing them from a file
2. Click “Choose file”.
3. Navigate in your computer and choose your Excel file.
Note: You can import links from Excel, using a *.CSV or a *.TXT file.
Your file must contain your backlinks one per line and should be separated by ” , ” (if .txt) or by columns (if .csv).
Example of a file:
4. Click “Submit”
Note: your backlinks will start to be monitored in ~ 4 hours (depends on the number) after you have imported them.
Follow these steps or watch the next video tutorial:
Important notes about your backlinks
- Your backlinks are checked automatically every 3 days.
- When one of your link status is changed, we will notify you by email.