This is a step-by-step tutorial that will teach you how to start using Monitor Backlinks and take advantage of all the great features this tool has to offer.
In order to have a successful website, outrank your competition, not chase them. It only takes 2 minutes to setup your account, and then you can sit back and relax. Monitor Backlinks takes care of everything for you. Get email alerts automatically when:
- Your website gets or loses backlinks
- Your competition is doing an aggressive link building campaign
- The backlinks status changes from “OK” to “broken”
- Somebody has started a Negative SEO campaign against your business
- An important website has written a review about your company
All these alerts are vital for your reputation and SEO rankings.
How to add the domain you want to monitor
Once you have created your account, it’s time to add the domain you want to monitor.
1. Login and click the button “Add domain” from the left menu.
2. Choose to add your domain with the most popular method: Connect with Google Analytics (SEO Auto Discover)
3. Monitor Backlinks will now request you to grant access to your Google Analytics account. Select the profile that you want to monitor. Once selected, click “Add domain”.
4. On the next page you can choose to add your two main competitors. Our tool will track their backlinks and keep you informed with their latest link building strategies. When they will get or lose links, you will be the first one to know. Keep up with them!
We recommend you to add your competitors, but if you don’t want to do this now, you can skip this step and add these later.
Alternatives to add backlinks
If you don’t want to add your domain using your Google Analytics account you can choose to select one of the 4 other alternatives:
1. Add quick link (manually add a link).
With this option, you can manually add a backlink that you want to monitor. Here are some scenarios where this can be very useful:
- You have bought a link or a banner that expires in 3 months. You can monitor the link, and know if it’s removed before it should be.
- If your website received a Google penalty and you are trying to clean your backlinks profile. After you have sent email requests to webmasters for links to be removed, Monitor Backlinks will check your links status, and alert you when removed.
- An important website has placed a link to your website, and you want to check if they will keep it live.
2. Backlinks checker
The Advanced Backlinks Checker generates a list with your website’s backlinks, anchor text reports and website statistics.
You can import these links to your domain profile by clicking the button “Monitor all Backlinks”.
3. Import links from file
If you already have a list with the backlinks that you want to monitor, you can choose to import them.
Select your Excel file, and use the format recommended in our sample.
With Bookmarklet, you can easily add backlinks from any page. All browsers are supported: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera and Safari.
Drag the “Backlinks Bookmarklet” to your bookmarks bar.
From the page, you want to import the backlinks, drag a selection around the links you want to import and press the “Bookmarklet”.
You must be logged in to Monitor Backlinks for this option to work.
If you are facing difficulties in adding your domains or your have any questions, contact us.